Being able to market your organization is contingent on having the right words. You need to be able to represent your organization in a way that makes people empathetic to your mission.
James Valeii, founder, lead developer, and project manager of Boiling Pot Media, and Simon Borst, Boiling Pot Media’s graphic designer, will be holding workshops to help business leaders learn how to use their website to communicate their mission in a compelling way.
- Discover the best way to talk about their cause, and immediately apply that language to their communications strategy.
- Think about and compose ideas that relate directly to their own organization that they can take back and use.
This workshop has three parts:
1. Write: we will lead participants through a simple worksheet that will allow them to define the basic language that will convey their organization’s importance and that highlights the cause their organization works to resolve.
2. Apply: we will explore how organizations can deploy the language and ideas to their website and discuss how to thread that language throughout their website and brand.
3. Discuss: we will open the session to a focused Q&A with the intention of ensuring that all participants feel competent to create sustainable, practical marketing language, and that they understand how to implement it.
You can join us at one of two events:
May 1, 8:30 a.m. at the Building Michigan Communities Conference at the Lansing Center in Lansing, Michigan
May 10 at Kalamazoo Public Library’s One Place, downtown Kalamazoo, Michigan